Do you need to add a Visual Studio Solution to GitHub Repository?
It’s Easy! Please follow the steps below:
- Create new Repository in GitHub. (Keep it blank).
- Open your existing VS Solution
- Make sure you use Git as Source Control by going to Tools/Options/Source Control
- In VS, click File/Add To Source Control.
- In “Team Explorer” window click “Sync“.
- Select “Publish Git Repo“.
- Get URL from GitHub; and Enter into VS.
- Click “Publish“.
If you use VS 2019 version 16.8 or higher, the process has changed. Please see MS Announcement on Git Experience in VS.
Categories: Software Developer
Leave a Reply