To start a GoFundMe campaign:
- You need to remember that people want to help!
- You need to care about something deeply
- You need a sense of humor (we all have it!)
GoFundMe Requirements (as of Summer 2019)
- Email Address
- Campaign Amount goal: $ (can be changed later. If you’re not sure, most campaigns start with $1,000)
- Campaign Title (50 characters)
- Are you raising for yourself or an organization?
- Tell your story / Explain why you’re raising money
- Video (optional)
- Link (optional)
GoFundMe charges 2.9% transaction fee plus $.30 per donation. (as of Summer 2019)
- Make sure your Link is short, and easy to remember.
- For a personal campaign: use your name as part of the link.
- For the charity campaign: use keywords as part of the link
For a charity, consider GoFundMe Charity List
- How to start Charity Fundraising
- Getting on GoFundMe Charity List
Write / Get Feedback / Adjust
- Consider using you passion and personal story
- Consider adding humor
- Write your first draft of the GoFundMe campaign text
- Ask a couple of people you trust for the feedback.
- Adjust your campaign based on the feedback.
- Share that you really care.
- Share with as many people as you can through as many different channels as you can.
- Share your GoFundMe page your Instagram, your FaceBook, your city FaceBook…
- Share with a story, passionate and personal
- Consider provide something useful to your donors.
- Add a link to a helpful article
- Add a link to your website with useful info.
- Get creative!
- GoFundMe: Fundraising Tips – Sharing
- Thank everyone
- Share updates
- Share how the money you collected helped others!
Categories: Do Good, GoFundMe, Inspiration
Leave a Reply