Re-posting my old article on how to start a GoFundMe campaign:
- You need to remember that people want to help!
- You need to care about something deeply
Note: GoFundMe charges 2.9% transaction fee plus $.30 per donation. (as of Summer 2019)
- Make sure your Link is short, and easy to remember.
- For a personal campaign: use your name as part of the link.
- For the charity campaign: use keywords as part of the link
April 2020 Considerations When Donating
- Be aware of Spam – double-check that the campaign is legit
- Ideally you would know the organization or the people behind the campaign.
My Personal Choices in April of 2020https://www.gofundme.com/static/js/embed.js https://www.gofundme.com/static/js/embed.js
Write / Get Feedback / Adjust
- Consider using you passion and personal story
- Consider adding humor
- Write your first draft of the GoFundMe campaign text
- Ask a couple of people you trust for the feedback.
- Adjust your campaign based on the feedback.
- Share that you really care.
- Share with as many people as you can through as many different channels as you can.
- Share your GoFundMe page your Instagram, your FaceBook, your city FaceBook…
- Share with a story, passionate and personal
- Consider provide something useful to your donors.
- Add a link to a helpful article
- Add a link to your website with useful info.
- Get creative!
- GoFundMe: Fundraising Tips – Sharing
- Thank everyone
- Share updates
- Share how the money you collected helped others!